Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Day 1

Pin It



I'm sure by now all of you are familiar with the elf on the shelf right? If not you can go to Elf on the Shelf and get the scoop but if you don't want to be bothered with clicking the link it's basically a magical elf sent by Santa to spy on your kids. =)  Sometimes the elves can get bored and be a little naughty. Do a quick Pinterest or Google search and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

Now with that said, I've never once lied to my children and told them that Santa was real. In fact, I've told them the complete opposite. One being I never wanted to be bothered and two being I don't really like some strange man taking credit for my awesome gifts... hahaha. Every Christmas we've reminded them that Santa was not real but now that A has reached the ripe old age of 5, she knows better than we do and has declared Santa absolutely real.

So naturally, what would any really awesomely good parent do? Milk every single minute of it of course. haha

If they're going to believe in Santa then hot dog we're going to go all out for it! Let's be honest now for a moment. The elf and the book are $30 and I'm not ever inclined to buy a small stuffy for that price unless it makes my breakfast in the morning. A quick trip to Michael's and Hobby Lobby geared with coupons and I was back home with $5 worth of supplies and got to working on our lil ol elf. 

I put him in a box with a note to the kids stating all the rules along with 2 grow an elf things from Michael's and 2 Santa suckers. Last night he was dropped off while the kids were changing for bed. Someone rang the door and I told A that it was her cousin so she could answer the door. When she opened the door all the kids saw was the box. 

http://instagram.com/p/SgyLdfspyU/

They named him Pickle, so fitting right?

Last night when the kids went to bed Pickles was able to report that the kids put their things away and went to bed without arguing with each other. SUCCESS!!

Apparently Pickles got a little bored last night because he decided to play A's DS... unfortunately he got so into it he played it until the batteries died and didn't even bother to plug it back up! 



Stay tuned for more "Elf Takes" to see what Pickles is up to on his nightly adventures! 

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...