Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Changing hair textures and big hair

Pin It
 


For the past few weeks I've noticed a bit of a difference in the texture of A's hair. She's always had a few different hair textures but particularly in the center of her head, it seems like the curl pattern is getting looser. I'm not sure if it's the weight of the curls pulling it down or what but either way, it makes wearing her hair out a challenge. 

I hardly ever let A wear her hair completely out other than braid outs or twist outs. She's extremely rough on her hair. At any given minute she's doing a head stand or throwing a blanket over her head pretending to be a ghost. Leaving her hair out can be well... quite disastrous. Now that she's 5, she wants to be a big girl more than ever and to her, that means wearing her hair down. Lets all hold hands together and pray her hair isn't one big knot by the end of the day today. lol. 

This morning I washed her hair with Shea Moisture's African Black Soap shampoo and conditioned with Aussie Moist conditioner. I detangled small sections and applied Little Miss Fuzzy Head (which we won from the awesome Girly and Curly!) to each section and ran the Denman brush through slowly to evenly distribute the product. The scent of that stuff is beyond amazing, it's almost like a light perfume but not too overpowering. The texture is nice and smooth as well. Although A has quite a few different hair textures going on, the LMFH was still able to tame the frizz and define each and every curl. *Her hair is still pretty damp in all of these pictures*











This is just a little bonus pic of some crazy shrinkage! I tucked in her shirt right at her waist band so you could see how much length this crazy kid has!


And just for fun...




13 comments:

  1. ahhh I love her hair it is sooo long and pretty!!! Chaela's hair is getting thicker and the curls seem to be getting tighter as it grows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have certainly experienced changing textures especially with my 2 year old! I wonder when the texture officially stops changing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her curls so springy and bouncy I bet they are super soft, I could twirl those curls all day long lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair is so pretty! I can't believe how long it's gotten! I love that last pic...it looks like she's bracing herself to get hit in the face with all that hair. :D

    Oh, and Syd is 12 and her hair texture is changing once again. Maybe it'll stop at adulthood...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was bracing herself to be slapped in the face with it! lol

      She kept saying "look at me, look at me!"

      Delete
  5. Her hair is gorgeous... So healthy too!!!! She's such a pretty baby!!!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE it! Her hair is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it....my daughters is to her shoulders I hope it get this long....I thought about little miss fuzzy head and everyone I read seems to love them....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous hair and amazing length!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you like the Little Miss Fuzzy Head. A's hair is getting so long and it is beautiful of course. Des' hair is still changing and she is 11 so I am sure that texture changes are still gonna be something we deal with for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those perfect curls!! Idk how you even deal with the cuteness of this child's face every day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. im sooooooooo jealous right now i really want hair to my back

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...