Wednesday, February 8, 2012

the smokey eye

Pin It
Our first beauty how to is the smokey eye! This version is not as dramatic so it can be worn as a day look if you like.

Gather your products.
I used:
NYC eyeliner in black
Rimmel London eyeshadow in Smokey Noir 001
Maybelline XXL Extensions mascara
Mary Kay eyelash curler
flat make up brush
(not pictured) NARS eye primer

Step 1
Prime your eyes, you want the shadow to stick!

Step 2
Apply your first shadow like so. I decided to go with the darkest color other than black in my pallet.

Step 3
Apply darker shadow like so and line under your lower lashes. Don't worry if the lines look a little too crisp.

Step 4
Apply a light/shimmery shade up to your brow bone and blend in.

Step 5
Apply liner. Rim the inside of your eye and continue the line out to make a wing, line the top.

Step 6
Curl lashes and apply mascara to top and bottom. *tip* If you have a metal eyelash curler like mine, blow on it for a few seconds to warm it up a bit for a better curl.


And that's it! Step back and admire your smokey eye. =) I can do both eyes in about 5 minutes or less.




8 comments:

  1. I like...looks great and not too dramatic, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty... by the way great tip about metal eye lash curler, will do that next time I use mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow gorgeous!! I never thought about warming up the lash curler. I LOVE the step-by-step details. Somehow I failed eyeshadow 101 and when I try to do more than one color I don't know where to put anything and it looks silly. Keep these coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! And you are right, you can wear this to the office, not too dramatic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! I've been so scared to try a smokey eye because I could never figure it out--everyone makes it seem so hard to do! You make it look easy--def gonna have to try this one out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...