Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a review: bentonite clay

Pin It
After seeing bentonite clay being used across the web for many different purposes, I decided to give it a go myself. My niece mentioned to me that it was good for itchy scalp and it that it helps to bring out the curl pattern more, after that, I was definitely sold.  

The container states that you can use it for "facials, acne, body wraps, clay baths, foot soaks, chilled for knee packs and for insect bites". It didn't specifically say use it for your hair but I figured if you can use it for all that other stuff then I'm pretty sure it's okay on hair. You mix it with equal parts raw apple cider vinegar and/or water, apply it 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and allow to sit on face/hair/etc for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to use a non metal bowl and spoon!

I've used it 3 times on my hair and all i can say is LOVE! My hair looks fantastic after each treatment. I've also used it as a facial twice and my skin looked extra clean. *note- skin can be super red after washing it off, this is normal! It will go away within 30 minutes.* Honestly, it hasn't made my itchy scalp go away but it has lessened the frequency of hair washing I do per week. Even if it doesn't cure my itchy scalp at all I'll continue to use it because of how fabulous my hair looks. I purchased it for $7.99 at Vitamin Shoppe, so it's a great value.




It should look like thin mud when it's mixed thoroughly.

This is my hair right after washing it all out and shampooing and conditioning my hair. 

These shots are from the same sections of hair, only damp. See how full and supple the curls look?! Imagine what they'll look like when completely dry!







*This was purchased with my own money and these opinions are all my own.*

7 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!!! I have been wanting some of this for Des as well as myself, just cause... this has definitely upped that desire tenfold. Your hair looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks fantastic!! Great review!!!!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, i was sooo hoping it would be the miracle cure for your itchy scalp! But the way your curls are poppin' makes up for my disappointment, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're curls look gorgeous and the clay has so many uses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair does look great! I've never heard of this before but I love multi-purpose products. I'll be looking into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting....Keep me posted I would love to know if it helps your itchy scalp thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...