Wednesday, February 8, 2012

the rebirth

Pin It
At the beginning of the year I posted this on my Facebook: “inspire to be greater than the you that you think you see, it's already in you to build mountains and towers and everything else unimaginable. so what are you waiting for? who told you that you can't do it? unless YOU feel you can't, there's no one else stopping you.” What does that statement say to you? Does it make you feel inspired to do something different? I said that because at the time I was feeling particularly inspired. I had a lot of ideas that sounded good in my head and I was ready to conquer the world. But then, like many of us I let MYSELF get in the way of those ideas. I instantly told myself that I couldn’t do it, that I wasn’t good enough, I’d get nowhere, and ultimately no one really cared. I want to create and inspire. I want to run with my passions! 

2012 is a good year for change is it not? As a stay at home mom I often put myself on the back burner. I don’t do my make-up anymore and I certainly don’t dress in anything that could be deemed something other than “workout wear”. I’ve added more than a few extra pounds and sometimes I feel a little run down.  With that being said the time for change has come now. Now, on mainly braids you will see every one of my passions come to life. I will have features on beauty, fashion, food, DIY, and of course hair! All of our old fans and new fans alike, I’d like to welcome you to this journey. Even if I only inspire one of you, my job will be done!






8 comments:

  1. Love it, all of it, can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us. You do amazing things already so I know it can only get better for us. Keep being you and know that you are impacting us in a GREAT way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo I'm already inspired love the new look and can't wait to be with you on this journey, I am the same way with my "workout wear" lol! So excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright now, let's get busy!! Can't wait to see what's in store, you might have inspired me to get out of my sweats and put on some real clothes today, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to see what you come up with this year for all of your faithful watchers!! :)

    Great page... Great look!!! Truly intrigued!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate to you putting yourself on the back burner. You are officially my inspiration for the new year; I also need to place more importance in ME and My desires/hobbies. I am looking forward to seeing what you have in store. Love the blog's new look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited about the new features on your blog, you already inspire me when it comes to hair and crafts and cooking, I can't wait for more!! I love the new look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good for you! We can forget ourselves sometimes, can't we? Take care of yourself and can't wait to see all the upcoming excitement to the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...