Tuesday, February 14, 2012

bedroom before and after

Pin It
Randomly this morning I decided that I wanted to redo A's room. She's gotten to a stage where she really doesn't respect her stuff and as a result her room looks a mess and things get broken and lost easily. I thought maybe redoing her room with her help might would make her want to take care of it more. I gave myself a budget of $20.. because well, I'm pretty cheap. lol. I'm so embarrassed to show you the before pics. I have a house rule that all room must be clean before you go to bed, so can you imagine her having to clean up a mess similar to this every single night? Not so fun because I usually end up helping to speed the process along.

Before: AHHHHHH!!!





After: 





MUCH better right?! I spray painted her bed a color of her choice. We picked out 2 different fabrics and I recovered some of her old pillows and made the hangings for the wall. I bought a twin sized sheet to make a curtain and made a tie back with the patterned fabric. I also made her some tissue paper pom poms for above her bed but you can't really see them that well. Later I'm going to add photos in the centers of the frames beside the kitten poster. Her room feels so much more peaceful and she loves it!


17 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOW!! You did a FANTASTIC job!!! Great job, Shay!! I <3 it... Such beautiful colors... It's so bright and cherry too!!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!.. I love the fact that the bed looks wayyyy diff by just spray painting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! it used to be my bed when i was a teen. it was actually white with brass fixtures and UGLY roses all over. i painted it all white when i gave it to her, the pop of color made it look soooo much better.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! You've been busy!! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i may or may not have painted our garage floor blue even though i had drop cloth down =x i'm super tired from all that work! lol

      Delete
  4. I love the before and after butterflies lmao so funny. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, i know, they were so depressed in the before. i wouldn't have been hanging up straight if i had to look at that mess either! lol

      Delete
  5. Love it, you did a wonderful job! I know A will take care of her room now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so heart makeovers, especially with before & after pics! Wow....=0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I cant tell that its the same room lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT JOB! Spray painting the bed was a good idea! I'm sure A is LOVING her room! :) We are somewhat having the same issue with Yaya right now. Last month we helped her rearrange her room and she did good for a little while. Now her issue is she has too much stuff and needs a better organizing plan. She suggested a couple of ideas to me, so sometime really soon we will be doing the same. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks SOOOOOOOO Good!!! I'm so inspired! I want to redo our whole house now thanks to you! :D rofl!
    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...