Monday, January 23, 2012

mini rope twist

Pin It
From now until March we will be participating in kandy land kurls protective challenge. Typically I always go with mini braids because I know they last a really long time, but this time, I had no say. Miss A saw a youtube video and the female has twist and it was all over. For days she asked me to do her hair like that. BIG FAT *sigh*. Her last set of mini twist only lasted about 2.5 weeks so I wasn't so sure they'd be worth our while. But, who am I to argue with Miss A, she knew she wanted the twist, so twist is what I gave her! =) At the last minute  I decided I'd do rope twist instead of just regular ol' 2 strand twist. My poor fingers were tired but the results are awesome! Seriously.. I woke up 2 nights in a row twisting in my sleep. LOL.




I decided to measure them with a tape measure so I could see how much growth she gets over the next 2 months of the challenge.

the crown of her head - 17.5 in

the back bottom - 12.5 in

 the front in her "halo" section - 10.5 in

The perimeter of hair has always been shorter so I'm pretty excited to see that much length!



8 comments:

  1. Miss A's hair looks gorgeous. I love love love this. I am curious to see how long they will last and how much length she will gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job look at all that length!!!! can't wait to see the major growth from this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ twisting in your sleep...I bet you were! The rope twists look so gorgeous though...good call. Ds hair is also shorter in the same places. A must be tiny, Ds hair measures 18' but it falls to the middle of her back...craziness lol. Her hair looks Fab, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty I love it! I can't wait to see her numbers again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Miss A needs a protective styling challenge with all that hair! :) Haha the twists look simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, you did a fabulous job! I bet you were twisting in your sleep lol. A's hair looks so good and I can't wait to see the growth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O_O!!! Her hair is GORG! Now those are MINI!!!! OHGAAA! I love them. I didn't realize her hair was so long!!! Beautiful job mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm gonna now refer to A as "Sprout" because hair just shoots out of her head! Looooooong hair, don't care! Your fingers are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...