Wednesday, January 4, 2012

braids to the side

Pin It
I was only able to leave A's hair out for 2 days before it was a tangled mess. I sat her down yesterday with no particular style in mind and just started braiding. I let her pick out some beads and she picked out some star beads gifted by our great friend Michelle. I added some regular clear beads just for something extra. I love this style, it's so simple yet so fun for me to look at. =) It kind of reminds me of a waterfall. Now... on to the photos!







*sigh* It was VERY difficult getting these photos. Our neighbor was walking their dog and the kids were so excited by that. Considering it's been about 2 months since I lasted braided any hair, I think it turned out pretty good. =D


**edited to add**
Today I was browsing through my news feed on facebook and i saw a fellow new blogger Brittany had done the same style on her niece. This is a great example of our a style can work for a younger child such as A or for an older teen like her niece. 

11 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully I am so gonna steal this for one of our styles I love the way you parted it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How did you do the underside? Is it loose box braids? Layered cornrows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... She's so cute!! Love that style on her!!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tav, I just braided it all the way down to the side. I thought about doing layered cornrows or just loose box braids but I was much too lazy for all that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, A is sooo pretty. Girl you can braid hair no matter how long of a break you take. Love that style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks SO gorgeous! I love how you parted too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I love it! I know all about having a hard time taking photos - JJ will never stay still for a minute. And if she's still she's definitely not smiling! A's hair looks gorgeous - love the waterfall style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mrs. Shay! I nominated you for a blog award! Thank you for inspiring me! Details on my blog:http://natural-hair-care-info.blogspot.com/2012/01/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHh I want to tag my post in toooo :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...