Monday, November 7, 2011

mini braids

Pin It
i love me some mini braids. they are versatile and they last a long time. the last time A had mini braids, they lasted 5 weeks and 4 days! her growth was amazing! i never thought they'd look right on me or they wouldn't hold up in my hair. last tuesday i knew i had to do something with my hair. it's getting to the point where it's too long for me to just wrap it and night and go in the mornings, it's a matted mess in the crown of my head. i loved the first twist style that i did and i REALLY loved the 2nd twist style i did, but i NEED to be able to wash my hair during the week. i have the itchiest scalp EVER and walking around with flakes everywhere is NOT cute. lol i was in the bathroom attempting another twist style and it was an epic fail. my hair is too thin and too short and i was getting frustrated fast. i grabbed a small section of hair in the front of my head and braided it and guess what? it stayed! i decided that i'd have my whole head braided before time to pick up A from school. i sat on the couch and watched couples retreat and got to braiding. 

i LOVE the. i've had them for a week now and i've washed my hair twice and they are still holding up great! another great thing, in the mornings all i have to do is get up and go. no prepping my hair, getting knots out, no nothing!





i had crazy shrinkage each time after i've washed them but it's not really bothering me. i'm just enjoying letting my hair and scalp have a rest!

13 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!! Your hair is bomb and that style?!?!?! MAGNIFICENT!!! YOU GROW GIRL!! HAHA! <3

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the mini braids on you! I bet it is nice not to have any hair prepping to do, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these braids on you. You are beautiful. So glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great!! I'm enjoying my braids as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mini braids they look absolutely gorgeous. How do you wash them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just wash them like i normally do my hair. wet it, shampoo, rinse and the i apply the queen helene oil on them.

    i never washed A's mini braids like this, i just washed her scalp with a washcloth but that def wouldn't work for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You did a great job on your braids. ::singing:: Isn't she loooooovelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so pretty! Super tiny and neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the braids and the way you have them pinned back, and the low maintenance literally has me drooling... and the curly ends are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they look really pretty and youre pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks so gorgeous! Love the mini braids :)
    And your really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...