*sigh* i promise this was supposed to go up yesterday. but i forgot.. i'm still a little bit overwhelmed by the move we made. anywho, a good recipe is better late than never!
chicken pot pie
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter (or shortening) *cubed*
1/2 cup ICE cold water
1. put 1/2 cup water in the freezer before you prep the dough.
2. put flour and salt in a mixing bowl and mix with a pastry blender. add in the cubed butter and mix until the butter is broken up.
3. slowly add in the ice cold water until it forms.
4. separate into 2 dough balls, wrap with saran wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
pot pie mixture:
-2 cups chicken stock (i just use 1 chicken bouillon cube in 2 cups of water)
-1 cup milk (i use almond)
-1 tbsp butter
-1 onion finely chopped (i used about a medium one)
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-2 cups frozen mixed veggies
-2 cups diced chicken
-1/4 + 3 tbsp all purpose flour
-thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, salt, pepper to taste *i added a little paprika and lemon pepper in mine*
1. put chicken stock and milk in a saucepan and warm.
2. add butter in a deep pan and put in garlic and onions, stir and cook until onions are translucent. add in chicken and season with some salt and pepper and whatever other seasoning of choice and cook until chicken is done.
3. sprinkle the flour over the chicken and stir around, add in the stock and milk mixture and stir until the flour is dissolved. add in the mixed veggies and the rest of the seasonings.
4. roll out your bottom crust and place it in a round baking dish. add pot pie mixture inside. roll out 2nd ball of dough for the top, place on top, crimp the edges and slice a few slits in the top.
4. bake at 375 for 30 minutes, let cool for 15 minutes before serving.