Monday, October 3, 2011

meal plan monday: grown up hot pockets

Pin It


friday night the hubs and i went to see my good friend play at a tea bar and we ordered the most delicious sandwiches. (my sandwich rendition to come soon!) he ordered a turkey and cheese croissant. i was sitting them pondering and decided that i could make those and they be just as tasty! i came home and jumped on pinterest looking for some croissant recipes. 

let me just say, this recipe can be overwhelming. there were a lot of steps but the outcome was worth it. they were the softest flakiest croissants i've ever had in my life. we stuffed them with turkey, swiss, and bacon. i ended up making 16 croissants from the recipe and we froze them for lunch. all we have to do is pop them in the microwave and they're good to go. 

if you don't want to make the croissants from scratch, you could buy the kind you bake and it'd still work the same. after you bake them and they have cooled, cut a slit in the side and stuff with whatever you like. it was easiest for me to chop the sandwich meat and cheese up and i crumbled the cooked bacon in the mixture and spooned/stuffed it in with my hands. 


 even though it looks like a lot, the steps are actually easier than it may appear!







5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, those look delish! I am even jealous that the freezer gets to hold them...LOL. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

    I need these in my life!!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious (",) I attempted them once and they didnt come out good then I tried pain aux raisin they tasted nice because of the almond cream but not right. But I attempted them with gg for fathers day and they came out much better a little oily though. But your ones look fantastic very professional looking and soft and fluffy I may have to try your recipe I just get a little board rolling and folding the pastry over and over and having to remember to do it lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...