Thursday, September 29, 2011

knotted ponys and a length check

Pin It
i have successfully fixed A's hair every morning before school with it looking cute and neither of us in tears or her late for school. lol. yesterday Goldilocks*N*Me posted this SUPER cute knotted pony tail style and i fell in love instantly! i knew that i was going to do it this morning on A's hair. i think to trick to morning styling is to have something in mind. this style literally took me 5 minutes.. no joke, i had the hubs time me. lol. 


please ignore the lil balls of stuff in her hair, i misted it with hair oil before i took the pics and it hadn't soaked in yet. i did some flash on and flash off pics because i couldn't tell which was the easiest to see. 












i've noticed some serious growth in her hair and decided to see just how long it has gotten. yep.. i was right on the growth, it's a lil below the waist! and yes, she's only 4. lol

and for reference, these were her twist at the very beginning of august.


i swear, i almost can't believe the growth myself! it just goes to show that when you take care of your hair, it really will grow! =)


17 comments:

  1. Great job!!!!! A looks adorable and the length got me thinkin I need to do a length check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A looks so cute. Love that hair style, we may be doing it soon too. LOL. Like tomorrow. Wow, A's hair grows fast, it is so pretty. Thank you for sharing. GDL thank you for the great style too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very, very cute! I am going to take a look at GDL's post, but are these actual knots? I love the way it looks, and Im trying to figure out just how to do it. And LOOK how long her hair is! And its so healthy and beautiful. It makes me wonder (kindof, lol) how long my girls' hair would grow if I were to let it. I cut both of my older girls' hair a couple of inches 3 or 4 times a year...how often do you trim A's hair? And how long will you let it get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! and yes, it is actual knots.

    she's only had 1 trim her whole life and that was only because her ends looked terrible from overuse of the tangle teezer.

    i'll probably just let her hair continue to grow until she asks otherwise. she likes her hair so i don't see her asking for it cut too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo! I love this style!!! And her hair has really grown!!!! GO SHAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this style!! I thought it was amazing on GDL and it looks amazing on A as well!!! Gorgeous!! AND HURRAY FOR LENGTH!! Love it!! :)

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow her hair grows super fast!!!! Do you think this style would like cute on thinner shorter hair? My oldest daughters hair has spiral curls but they are short and her hair is thin. So I get discouraged from doing styles that I see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amanda, you never know until you try it! don't ever let it discourage you, you've got to start somewhere =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! A is the cutest thing! And yes, I'm glad you mentioned that this is a quick style! It took me maybe 10 minutes, MAYBE. And that was only because I didn't exactly know what I was gonna do, I kinda figured it out as I went. But yes, it's a perfect 5 minute style! Thanks for the shout-out :D P.S. A's hair is loooooong, gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, this looks so cute on her! Her hair is so long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Shay! I'm a scaredy cat though!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at how long A's hair is-beautiful! I love this style on both GDL and A, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this look and hair has grown so much! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and from what Ive seen its fantastic you have so many styles I want to try. Im going to start with this one I just hope my daughters hair is long enough. Your daughters hair is gorgeous (",)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...